There are many ways for you to upgrade the exterior of your home. Of course, some cost a lot more than others, but with good planning and a little hard work, you can add some nice updates that look wonderful without breaking the bank. Below are some great inexpensive home updates you can do to your exterior.
- Clean it Up: cleaning up your home’s exterior and keep it looking that way is one of the lowest cost updates you can do for your home. Spruce up your flowerbeds, clean up debris, power wash your house, trim your bushes and shrubs, and cut the grass. You will be amazed at how good these few things help the look of your home.
- Painting: painting is an easy way to give your home a fresh look. If the budget is tight, simply paint the trim around your windows and doors to give your home a new look.
- Landscaping: the majority of home designers agree that your landscaping is the most important part of your home’s exterior. If you are doing renovations, include updating your landscape in the plans. Stand back and look at your home from a distance the you can view the entire yard. Perhaps you have flowers that don’t match your homes color that need to be replaced. Maybe some lighting needs to be added to bring the focus to a certain plant or feature in your yard. Try to see your yard from the perspective of a home buyer rather than as the homeowner.
- Add Lights: the exterior of your home can be completely transformed by adding lights or updating your current light fixtures. Again, stand back and take a good look at your yard to form your lighting plan. You may simply need to replace old bulbs with ones that are brighter. Proper lighting in your yard can improve your home’s safety and reduce theft.
- Simple Updates: after the above items have been done, look for other simple updates you can make to the exterior of your home. These may include changing your door handles, replacing your mailbox, or simply replacing your house number to freshen up the look.
There are many things you can do to help the exterior of your home look fresh. Use the items above as a starting place to get your home looking great again.
These landscaping and outdoor design tips come courtesy of TruScapes – the Landscaping Ipswich experts.